Modern Services is a leading provider of air conditioning service and maintenance, major appliance repairs, and electrical and plumbing needs in Southwest Florida. We are currently seeking a seasoned, motivated and driven Service Manager to join our team in Fort Myers, FL This position will be responsible for the oversight of the Service operations. This role ensures the quality and on time service at a fair and reasonable, while achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Supervise service mechanics and apprentices; review and approve timesheets
- Planning and scheduling of field service training programs
- Coordinate tooling and trucking for jobs
- Review service work orders for billing and contract work
- Make stand-by supervision/emergency decisions, site surveys
- Provide technical assistance to field mechanics, sales engineers and customers
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations
- Instruct all individuals on site specific safety activities
- Conduct Tool Box Talks and or safety training
- Conduct site specific job hazard analysis
- Model safe practices
- Develop, maintain and work with Site-Specific Safety Plans
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and either broad training in a related field or 8-10 years related field experience. The successful candidate will also have familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, procedures and equipment specifications. Demonstrated knowledge of gross margins and profitability and how to apply concepts to various jobs is required. This role also relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in order to meet all the service requirements. Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
OSHA 30-hour Construction or General Industry Safety Training is required, along with the ability to develop, maintain and work with a Site-Specific Safety Plan. The ability to travel locally and possess a valid Florida State driver’s license with a clean driving record is also required.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package, including health and 401K plans, along with an excellent working environment. This position will also receive a company phone and company vehicle. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity.
Complete our online application to apply for this position here.